We are all fans of coffee. How often do we spend on our favorite cappuccino in the coffee shops which charge us more for their ambience and services than the actual coffee? Ever wondered if the cappuccino you drink is in fact the right kind of mix? What if it is not authentic? Well, we have a solution.
Let us take a look at how to make cappuccino at home with or without coffee machines and other machinery. Cappuccino has many interpretations that differ from coffee shop to coffee shop. Some talk about the size, some about the milk and espresso ratio. Earlier, it was simpler to identify a cappuccino with a shot of espresso and some milk topped with foam. Now they serve, cold/ hot, small, medium large and so on. But traditionally Cappuccino is supposed to be a 4-ounce drink only. Making coffee at home has an additional advantage too. You can now add your favorite chocolate or cinnamon to garnish.
Ditch all the expensive coffee shops and make your own top notch coffee drink with our simple steps to guide. What you need for the coffee is a coffee maker or an espresso machine, nicely brewed your favorite blend of coffee, milk, sweetener and your favorite mug to serve.
Approach 1 –How to make cappuccino at home with coffee machine.
- In either your coffee maker or the espresso machine, you can brew your coffee. Another simpler option is using store brought coffee. If the coffee is brewed instead of it being espresso, you might have to compromise on the stronger flavor.
- In a mug add 1/4th cup of espresso (preferably) or ½ cup of coffee or at least 2 oz. Now an addition here is you can use a spray of additional flavors, but the traditional cappuccino does not come with any added flavors.
- Next step is heating milk and frothing it to form that delicious foam to top your espresso. You ideally should do it with an espresso maker which at first heats up the milk and then froths it at high temperature.
- If you do not want to go for the machine, you can also use a frothing wand available in market. It functions in two steps, first being heating and second frothing.
- The option of heating milk in microwave to a high temperature can also work. Usually for a cappuccino, the milk is heated from 120-150 degrees to attain the froth. This temperature can be examined with a thermometer. If not microwave, heat milk on the stove top and simmer it till it attains the said temperature.
- One must keep checking the temperature; once the milk is heated never put the blender directly into the hot milk.
- Next step includes pouring the hot milk on espresso shot or your brewed coffee. Add about ½ cup of milk to ¼ cup of espresso for desired effect.
- Hold the froth back with the top of a spoon while adding the milk so that it stays undisturbed.
- Add your favorite sweetener or sugar and a dollop of creamy milk to get started. You can also add cinnamon or chocolate to add flavors.
Approach 2 – How to make cappuccino at home without coffee machine
Cappuccino without a coffee machine at home is as simple as making a hot cup of tea.
- After brewing your coffee or by using store brought coffee combine it with sugar as per your taste or any other sweetener and milk as per your liking.
- Heat this mixture in a microwave for about 2-3 minutes at the highest power.
- For the next step, mix the milk, sugar and coffee mixture in a blender for about one minute until it a frothy layer is formed.
- Lastly, fill your mug with 2/3 of coffee and top it with the heated foam. You can top it with chocolate or cocoa powder too if you like to.
Approach 3- Iced Cappuccino
Iced Cappuccino is an ultimate dessert drink to be enjoyed especially in summers.
You need – ice cubes, 2 cups of milk, ½ cup sugar, 1 cup cream/ half and half and ½ cup coffee.
The procedure is quite straight forward.
- Brew your coffee and put it in a blender.
- Next mix sugar and pulsate it. Later add ice cubes and milk and cream and whip the mixture for 2-3 minutes until it forms froth.
- Serve in your favorite long glasses with ice-cream or whipped cream or chocolate as per liking.
Loved this simple recipe to your morning hot coffee? Now you know how to make Cappuccino at home? I hope you all will try your hands on this thirst quenching and simple drink and probably save few bucks spent at coffee shops.