Cuisinart SS-700 – Good times with Good Coffee!
Coffee Lover? Well, there are very few people out there who do not wish to wake up to freshly brewed hot coffee. The aroma, the freshness definitely tempting to start your day with.
Kick-starting your day with a freshly brewed cup of coffee can be quite interesting.
But, to many people, the problems faced with brewing coffee are quite much, and for which you may have tried out several remedies. But, none of them may have bought out the desired results. Either the coffee is not strong enough, or not brewed right with residual powder floating in your cup, or the final taste is not just simply right.
Whatever the issue, coffee when not brewed to perfection, can prove to be a simply disastrous beginning to one’s day. Well, there seems to be some relief to these problems. This goes by the name Cuisinart SS 700. Yes, you heard right. This could be the end to all of your coffee problems.
Cuisinart Ss700 Review – Getting Started
The Cuisinart SS (Single Serve) 700 is quite popular among other single serve coffee brewing machines. The Cuisinart SS-700 attempts to retain the essence and taste of authentic coffee and has been quite successful at this.
Yes, the Cuisinart SS-700 does seem to be more competitive than many other single serving brewing appliances.
What can be said with much conviction, is that this makes really good coffee with K-cup coffee.
The Cuisinart SS-700 is programmed to make single servings of coffee, tea or hot chocolate in a time span of less than a minute by way of a K-cup brewer design. Well designed and solid, this kitchen appliance comes with a re-usable coffee filter. This filter sits snugly, behind a door by the side of the machine, which also makes it convenient to locate.
The Cuisinart SS 700 is sturdy and meticulously designed, quite much perfect to be placed atop your kitchen counter. This good looking kitchen appliance includes several features such as:
- An 80-ounce water holder which negates the requirement of refilling at short intervals.
- Every component of the SS 700 that comes in contact with water or coffee is BPA free.
- Weighing almost 16.3 pounds, this is quite sturdy and appliance.
- Comes with a strong metal lever.
- Comes with a charcoal water filter and filter holder.
- Comes fitted with a rinse button, that can wash out the insides to remove any left-over powder or flavour.
- Accompanied by an easy to follow user manual.
- The brewer can be programmed to automatically switch on and off at particular times or to auto switch off after a specified time period.
- Allows you to set the brewing temperature.
- Has provision for 5 cup sizes with a detachable drip tray to provide for all sizes of travel mugs.
- Includes a setting for iced beverages.
- The SS-700 is compatible with North American electrical setting
- Comes in three colours: Black; Silver and Chrome.
- Dimensions of the SS-700: 10.2 x 13.5 x 12.1 inches.
- Comes with a three- year warranty.
The Favourable Aspects (PROs)
Yes, most certainly, as in all products and services, the Cuisinart SS-700 too comes with its set of good and bad. But certainly not the ugly.
- Probably, the biggest positive here is that the Cuisinart SS-700 does by far churn out very good coffee. A A lot of thought has gone into the sturdy design making this quite durable. Add to this, the front facing control panel screen, allows you to view the clock from many spots in the room and you don’t have to stand and look directly over the machine.
- The provision of the charcoal water filter aims to remove chlorine and other unpleasant odours and tastes from the water from your tap. These are easily replaceable. You can do so periodically every three months, or, you could subscribe to Cuisinart’s water filter services, where, they send you a filter every three months at nominal price annually.
- Further on, the detachable drip tray is way too useful as this enables you to fit in larger sized mugs.
- What can be considered as a big upside to this appliance, is the presence of the hot water button. This is a so convenient, not just for making coffee, but can also be used to prepare tea, hot chocolate or even soups for that matter. Not to forget, is the fact that, you can actually set the temperature for a cup of good hot coffee or an alternate hot beverage at any time of the day.
- Another striking feature is the appliance allows for the re-usable K -Cup filter. This allows you to fill it, either with your most preferred brand of coffee or for that matter alternate with different beverages. This by-the-cup system sure does add value to the product.
- The Cuisinart SS 700 also provides for cold beverages. This aspect definitely brings in more depth to the appliance.
So, all in all, you can safely say that the Cuisinart SS-700 is convenient, user friendly and quite much ideal for personal as well as office use.
The Not so Favourable Aspects (CONs)
- All said and done, the Cuisinart SS-700 does come with its set of deficiencies. Basically, you will find other brewing machines in the market, that do churn out quality coffee with as much ease. Not to forget here, is the pricing. At this price tag, yes, you will come across other makes in the market that come at a lower rate along with offering quite much similar features. Surely, a point to be kept in mind.
- What also needs to be borne in mind is that, any coffee maker needs to be regularly cleaned, but if the water in your locality has a high mineral content, then this cleaning becomes all the more pertinent. Yes, the Cuisinart SS-700 is fitted with a filter like mechanism which can be replaced. But here again, this replacement involves shelling out extra from your pocket, at regular intervals.
- The other flip side to the appliance is the presence of parts that are not suitable to come in contact with water. Sometimes, there is water found to be leaking from the bottom of the machine, that can cause electrical problems within the machine. This sure could work against the machine being in working conditions for a long period of time.
Surely, these considerations do involve some amount of research to be put in, before you settle down and make up your mind about the brand of brewing machine, that best suits your needs and lifestyle.
Should you or Should you not opt for the Cuisinart SS 700?
Well, as in every purchase that you make, there are bound to be upsides as well as downsides. In the end, what you zero in on, almost always is something that suites your requirements to the closest, and not fullest. In fact, surely, there has been no purchase that you have made, that has made you beam with pride that you have made a perfect buy.
Keeping this in mind, what can be confidently said about the Cuisinart SS-700 is that it definitely does have quite many advantages to be ignored completely. The design, structure, brewing options and the rest of the features surely do make it stand out among the competitors.
After this Cuisinart Ss700 review ,of course, you have to make a calculated decision, whether to buy or not. The Cuisinart SS-700 is simple and easy to use apart from being attractive on your counter top. It comes with several options for that best cup of coffee brewed as many times as you wish.
But, you could definitely keep these pointers in mind that may help you with your decision:
- Check on design, structure and usability.
- Along-with being aesthetically appealing, the appliance should also be user friendly.
- The product should be low on maintenance.
- The cost of replacement of any part should not be too high.
- Warranty terms and conditions should not be ignored.
- After sales service and support offered.
As long as you maintain the Cuisinart SS-700 in the right way, like removing the residual waste from time to time, using filtered water, rinsing out parts like the water-reservoir, K-cup holder etc., you can be assured that the appliance will serve you for a good period of time.
All of this, coupled with the fact that Cuisinart SS 700 comes with a three-year warranty period, surely makes this product a force to reckon with. So, most definitely the Cuisinart SS 700, is something worth your thought.