- 1 Getting Started
- 2 Our Best PICKS ! Choose your own best espresso machine under 500 bucks
- 2.1 Breville BES840XL the infuser Espresso Machine
- 2.2 DeLonghi EN520BK Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System Black
- 2.3 De’Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro Machine:
- 2.4 Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
- 2.5 Electric Titan – Gaggia 14101 Classic espresso machine, Brushed Stainless Steel.
- 3 Before buying check-list (Must-read)
If you are someone who can’t do without your daily cup of Espresso, read on. We have collated a list of expresso machines for you that will help you get your daily dose of caffeine, and not burn a hole in your pocket – we mean to say espresso machines that are under $500!
While coffee makers are a must-have if you’re someone who needs their shot of caffeine before facing the day, then owning an espresso machine is a must. You don’t have to be a barista to know how to operate it. It’s a great investment when you consider all the benefits that you derive from buying a good quality espresso machine. With it you get to make your own cup of coffee, you don’t have to worry about someone getting your order wrong or even making a stop at a coffee shop for your morning cup, make it at home, and step out feeling energized!
Owning an expresso machine has its own list of pros
- It’s cost-effective: It’s a wonderful feeling to wake up and find your own espresso machine inviting you to start another promising day. The fact that you’d be saving on each cup of espresso doesn’t hurt either. Not only do you save yourself from buying each cup of coffee, you also save on the transportation, required to get you there.
- It’s comfortable and convenient: There is a certain joy in having your favorite beverage well within your reach, all the time. It’s such a task to drive out in search for an espresso each and every time. Whether, you are tied up in work or just plain lazy, an espresso machine at home doesn’t fail you in cheering you up.
- Experimentation: There are times that you may want to try something new, a good quality espresso machine lets you do just that. You could experiment with different brewing styles or try a variety of different coffee beans to find out what you like and what you don’t, all this without having to shell out a fancy price for each time you want to try something new.
- Play host whenever you want: If you are a person who always has company by way of friends dropping in or guests visiting you, you’ll be doing yourself a big favor by investing in an espresso machine. It would help you save a lot of time and effort and you’ll have wonderful coffee to enjoy with your friends. It would also help you establish yourself as a barista to your friends.
Our Best PICKS ! Choose your own best espresso machine under 500 bucks
So let’s get to it! Here are the 5 best expresso machines your budget can get you:
- Our Editor Rating
- Verified Purchaser Review
- In-Depth Review (Recommended)
There’s more to it than just a list. Each machine has its own little perks and kinks. Let’s look at each of them in detail:
Breville BES840XL the infuser Espresso Machine
Breville BES840XL is one of the best espresso machines under 500 . The unique feature of this espresso machine is that it makes use of slow infusion to optimize the flavor, taste and aroma of the brew.
|Removable water tank||Yes, 61fl.oz. (1.8L)|
|Thermocoil heating system||1600W|
|Portafilter||54mm stainless steel|
|Espresso pressure gauge||Yes|
|Wall filters||Single and dual|
Overall, Breville BES840XL the infuser Espresso Machine , does look like a good buy. The infusion technology is promising and provides a very satisfactory experience. It caters to both – a novice as well as an experienced barista and provides them a platform to try their skills by providing different types of wall filters. It is an easy to clean machine. The “sleep mode” and “empty me” indicators are also helpful. Go for it if you like your espresso, full bodied with great crema, it is for this reason that it features among 5 of the best espresso machines under $500.
DeLonghi EN520BK Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System Black
DeLonghi EN520BK Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System is one of the most economical and lightweight of the espresso machines on this top 5 list.
|Technology||Nespresso’s patented coffee capsule technology|
|Milk container||DeLonghi’s patented milk container|
|Special features||-Patented single touch, hot milk system
-illuminated control panel buttons
|Auto – off timer||Yes|
|Sliding drip tray||Yes|
|Pressure pump||19-bar pressure pump|
The first thing that strikes you with this espresso machine is the ease with which it lets you get your drink ready. The single touch is ready that you make your espresso with a single touch, here. You are not required to clean up the mess like in other non-pod machines. It makes for a great choice amongst the 5 best espresso machines under $500, being compact, attractive and easy to use.
De’Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro Machine:
It is said that this machine takes the cappuccino and latte experience to a completely new level, apart from being packaged very stylishly in the latest Italian design. Now let us take a look at the technical feature that makes this espresso machine one of the 5 best espresso machines under 500.
|Technology||– Patented De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino Latte Crema System
– Patented Nespresso Capsule system
|Special features||-attractive sensor touch display
-programmed to provide 7 types of drinks
Nespresso Lattissima Pro does make a sincere attempt to take your espresso experience to a different level, by giving you the choice and comfort of brewing as many as 7 drinks with the touch of a button. Combined with attractive packaging, this espresso machine seems to be a very promising one and therefore features in the list of 5 of the best espresso machines under $500.
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother
The makers of Nespresso Pixie, have a vision of delivering “The Positive Cup”, with the launch of this espresso machine. They aim to create a cup of coffee which is environment friendly, a machine with a conscience. Making it one of espresso machines that you should consider .
|Water tank capacity||24-ounce|
|Pressure pump||19 bar high pressure pump|
|Special features||-programmable buttons for espresso and Lungo
-water level detection
-auto power off
-used capsule container
-convenient power cord storage
The Nespresso Pixie is a compact espresso machine which brews excellent cappuccinos and lattes very quickly. By giving you an advantage of time and space, this espresso machine makes it to the list of one of the 5 best espresso machines under $500.
Electric Titan – Gaggia 14101 Classic espresso machine, Brushed Stainless Steel.
An espresso machine that combines commercial grade quality with high performance, such as Electric Titan -Gaggia, is not surprisingly, one of candicate of best espresso machines under 500 .
|Removable Water tank capacity||72-ounce|
|Pressure pump||17.5 bar pump|
|Special Features||– Stainless steel housing for temperature stability
– brass portafilters and grouphead
– High voltage boiler
– hot water dispenser
– Single- and double-shot stainless steel filter basket
As the name suggests, Gaggia classic is a classic espresso machine, with great looks and exceptionally good tasting coffee to boast of. With a well-kept promise of high performance, Electric Titan-Gaggia has all that it takes to be among the 5 best espresso machines under $500.
Before buying check-list (Must-read)
Now that you have seen the technical specifications and pros and cons of each of these espresso machines, let us quickly run through a few things that you need to keep in mind before buying an espresso machine. A buying guide of sorts so you know what to ask the salesman rather than being taken in by their pitch:
With all the information gathered, if you are still wondering, which of the 5 best espresso machines under $500 would be best for you to buy, here is what we recommend:
All the five espresso machines are excellent by way of performance, that is also the reason they are among the top 5 espresso machines under $500. Each of these have a unique, special feature which could enhance your espresso experience, depending on your specific requirement.
If you have a very compact kitchen and one of your major considerations while buying an espresso machine is the space occupied by the machine, you could go for Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother (Amazon). It is a very compact machine which would hardly take up any space.
If you are big on Aesthetics and are really keen on an espresso machine which looks like and is built like a commercial espresso machine, you could settle for Electric Titan – Gaggia 14101 Classic espresso machine, Brushed Stainless Steel (Amazon).
If you like to experiment a lot and would be trying out different types of espresso drinks on a regular basis or you would be entertaining family and friends with varying tastes in espresso drinks, then De’Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro Machine (Amazon) seems to be the ideal choice for you. It gives you options to brew as many as 7 types of beverages. What more, it would also be a very stylish addition to your kitchen with it’s wonderful Italian design.
Similarly, Breville BES840XL the infuser Espresso Machine (Amazon) could be ideal for you if you are looking for optimal flavor extraction from your espresso machine.
We can conclude by stating that each of the 5 machines that we have reviewed for you could give you an excellent espresso experience in their own way. All the information provided above, should help you select the best espresso machine for you under 500.